Saturday, December 4, 2010

Lock Island

I put a towel down underneath a gum tree, put my headphones in my ears, put my iPod on shuffle and then lay back and closed my eyes behind my sunglasses. A kookaburra laughed and I laughed with it. I sang along to Missy Higgins 'All For Believing' while a bird whistled in a tree above me. I did absolutely nothing for over two hours and I loved it! I highly recommended it to anyone feeling stressed or lost. Go to The Great Australian Ice-Creamery first and get yourself a double scoop of your favourite ice-cream and then walk down to Lock 11, you'll have finished your ice-cream by the time you get there. Cross over the gates of the Lock and then walk around the island until you come to a little 'beach' area. Then just lie down and do nothing. Incredible relaxing.

Australian Kiwi


No comments:

Post a Comment