Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Coffee with that?

So, finally, after months of unsuccessfully applying for jobs, I have landed an interview at Gloria Jeans in Centro, those from my ares know where I'm talking about.

I'm quite hopeful for this job, because they advertised that they just wanted new staff who were passionate and wanted to learn how to make coffee, no experience required. Experience has been the killer for me in all the jobs I've gone for, because I have never had a part time job before I have no experience and everyone (EVERYONE) wants experience. Another good thing about this job is that it wasn't advertised in the local paper, only in the Gloria Jeans store. Most people in my area do their shopping in the other mall in town, and a lot of other job hunters I know didn't even know this position was available, so hopefully there won't be so many applicants to compete with.

Keep your fingers crossed for me and, with any luck, the next time I blog I will be able to tell you all that I have a job!

~ Australian Kiwi

No comments:

Post a Comment