Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Treadclimber (and other gym machines)


Australian Kiwi here again (but, really, who else would it be?) with some other random post about her life. I haven't been going to the gym as often as I should, but I went to classes on Monday and Wednesday (Pilates and Body Balance respectively) and did some new stuff in both classes. We did an entire new routine in Pilates which left me sore and aching the next day, and did an older Body Balance class, which meant different poses and music, which was pretty cool. Body Balance 55 is being launched at my gym on Saturday, so my dad and I have booked in to attend at 3:45pm AEDT. But, aside from my classes, I hadn’t been to the gym in over a week and today (17/11/11) was my first workout all week! 
And boy oh boy was it HARD!
I decided to warm up by walking a kilometer on the treadclimber. I had used it once before and thought that it wasn’t so bad and, if I could do a kilometer on a treadmil, that I could do the same on a treadclimber. Well, silly Teenage Yogini didn’t ask a gym instructor, did she, and it took me 15mins to do my kilometer, as opposed to 10mins on the treadmil, and my legs were aching and burning by the end of it. For those of you who don’t know what a treadclimber is, imagine a treadmil but, instead of a flat deck, it has two ‘treadels’ onef or each foot, and when one goes up, the other goes down. The picture below is the same kind of treadclimber that is in the gym.

So, after my warm-up (and believe me, I was warm!) I went on to do my strength exercises: Lat Pulldown, Seated Row, Chest Press, Pec Dec and Rotary Torso for upper-body; and Leg Press, Leg Extension and Leg Curl for lower body. Of course, the treadclimber also gave my legs a work out and they felt like jelly when I was walking home, but they’ve firmed up now, perhaps the jelly has set ;)

Yours in good health,

~ Australian Kiwi 

No comments:

Post a Comment