Monday, January 21, 2013

Trying to figure out the time zone's makin' me CRAZY

My best friend left for Sweden on Friday night to do a five month study exchange. She hasn't even been gone for 24 hours and I already miss her like there's no tomorrow. I want her to have an awesome, amazing time abroad, but I won't lie, I wish she was here.

This is us, I'm on the right

I'm also a tinsey, tinesy bit jealous, but in a good way. She's in Sweden, on another continent in a whole different hemisphere, while I'm still in Australia. Don't get me wrong, I love Australia, but I'd still love to be doing a study exchange overseas. Although, if I get into the course I want, which is only six months, and get a job afterwards (the industry I want to get into is just begging for workers) I'll be able to start saving up to go on a TEFL internship to either China or Vietnam in 2014 or 2015, which I'm just dying to do. Maybe then I'll get my overseas adventure.

Until then, I've decided that, at least until I start my course, I'm going to make everyday in Melbourne an adventure, starting tomorrow. I don't know what kind of adventures I'm going to have yet, but I'll keep you all posted. I'll take my iPod with me and take some photos of where I go (maybe even some video, but no promises) and let you know how it all went.

I'm sure my friend will read this at some point, and, if you do, I want you to know that I miss you, and I hope you're not too jet lagged. Enjoy your day, whatever comes, I send me a postcard when you're all settled in. <3 p="p">

~ Australian Kiwi

No comments:

Post a Comment