Sunday, February 24, 2013

Training: Day One

No stalling, no waiting, no 'let's do it later', I started training for The Ride to Conquer Cancer today!

My dad decided to train with me, even though he's not going to ride. He is coming, however, as part of the support crew for The Ride. Both of us were support crew for the WHK Team on the Port-2-Port last year, so he's a seasoned professional when it comes to cycling support.

I haven't found out about the bike paths close to home yet, as I've been quite busy with other preparation, so dad and I hit the gym this afternoon and did half-an-hour each on an exercise bike.


I know that riding on an exercise bike is very different to riding on a push bike, but it's cardio training, which is a good start. I think I had a bit of an easy workout today, so I'll push myself harder when I go back tomorrow. I did a manual workout, which is fine if you just want some cardio on a bike, but I'm training for a road bike event, so I needed intervals, which I didn't think about until later. I rode at level five, when I probably should have been riding anywhere between eight and ten, and after my half hour, I certainly felt like I could have done more. I'll be interested to see how my legs feel tomorrow, as they're not too tired at the moment, nor do they feel particularly rubbery, which is a sure sign that I didn't push myself hard enough.

Training Stats
Date: 24/02/13
Time taken: 30mins
Workout type: Manual
Distance: 14.05km
Level: 5
Goal: To be able to cycle 30kms without stopping. 

~ Australian Kiwi

P.S. Your donations will keep me riding, and help Peter Mac continue their life-saving research and treatment of cancer. Click here to help out.

No comments:

Post a Comment