Sunday, December 22, 2013

When Children Smile

Sometimes the world is bright and gay
And all’s well with each passing day
Under blue skies, green fields rest
Song bursts from birds with feathered breasts

But sometimes it all turns to grey
And raindrops fall where sunbeams played
Nature cowers, and thunders roars
But in these times, just stop and pause

Remember...

If things have been grey a while

Rainbows come when children smile

This is a poem I wrote for the 'Rainbows' writing prompt on my online writing community. I took a creative approach, rather than writing about a literal rainbow, I wrote about the little rainbows I see at work everyday: the smiles of the children.

10wk old baby being held by her daddy.

Note: This is not one of the children I work with, but the baby of my Literature teacher in 2010. I don't think she'd mind me using her photo to compliment my poem :) If you see this, Ms. Appleby, I hope you and your little family are doing well.

~ Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment