Friday, July 15, 2011

You know what they say about the best laid plans...

Remember this post, oh, and this one? Well, they have now become obsolete because, while I am heading back to higher education, I am no longer studying English.


Which now leads nicely into this question: So, AK, what are you studying? 

In answer, I am doing two papers this semester. One is from the Arts and Humanities faculty called Myth, Legend and History, and the other is an Education paper called Childhood in Contemporary Times. They're two very different papers from two very different faculties, so it gives me a lot of options as to where I can go, which is good because I'm not really sure what I want to do yet. I'm just following a love of history and a half-formed idea that I would like to work with children one day.



And in other news...
Currently, I'm looking for volunteer work in the childcare industry and have applied for my Working with Children Check. I still volunteer with Vision Australia, but not as often as I used to now that I'm going back to uni. I have a permanent shift on the radio (finally) from 6:00 - 7:30am. If you're up that early, you can listen to me from 6:45am on 107.5FM in Mildura. No news on the job front, but I haven't been actively looking either. I'm still writing my original fiction, but it's coming along slowly. I've started writing it backwards, rather than from the beginning so that all my loose ends tie in nicely. Which does mean that I'm writing the sequel before I'm writing the prequel, but (of course) I'll publish the prequel first.

Until next time,

~ Australian Kiwi

No comments:

Post a Comment