Thursday, June 14, 2012

"At Night I Dream Of Camelot" By Australian Kiwi


At night I dream of Camelot,
And mortal heroes nymphs begot,
Each time a mythic fantasy.
Sir Lancelot kissed Guinevere,
Under the darkened chandelier,
Both knight and queen in ecstasy.
Achilles throws a mighty spear,
The once bold Hektor runs for fear,
Death for one a reality.

Yes, I know, another poem from FanStory, but I promised you all a nove otto, and here it is. This was the second nove otto I wrote, combing the mythologies of my two favorite mythical cities, Camelot and Troy. A nove otto is poem of Italian origin with nine lines. Each line has eight syllables, and it follows a rhyme scheme of aabccbddb. The artwork accompanying the writing is 'Beautiful Night' by Charlie Nitro from FanArtReview, all rights to them, I am merely borrowing.

If you want to read more of my writing, you can do so by visiting my FanStory profile here. If you want to read more of the wonderful work by inspiring writers on Fanstory, click on the FanStory link above.

All the best,

~ Australian Kiwi

No comments:

Post a Comment