Tuesday, June 12, 2012

"Soft Moonbeams Shimmer" by Australian Kiwi

Soft moonbeams shimmer in the night,
When silver stars are all aglow.
Now sun is gone, all tucked up tight,
Soft moonbeams shimmer in the night.
Bright meteors, oh, what a sight!
And the wise planets surely know,
Soft moonbeams shimmer in the night,
When silver stars are all aglow.

This is a poem I wrote for my writing site FanStory. It is a triolet, a poem of French origin, which has eight lines and a rhyme structure of abaaabab. The fourth and seventh lines repeat the first line, and the eighth line repeats the second line. The artwork accompanying my work is by avmurray on FanArtReview, all rights to them, I am merely borrowing.

If you want to read more of my writing, you can do so by visiting my FanStory profile here. If you want to check out the other awesome, inspiring writers on FanStory, you can do that here.

This is by no means my first poem, but it was the first triolet I ever wrote, I have written a few more since, in fact, I'm quite fond of them. The triolet and the nove otto are my favourtie styles of poetry. Next time, I'll post a nove otto for you to read.

~ Australian Kiwi

No comments:

Post a Comment