Friday, May 25, 2012

My First Massage


Today, after finally pulling my finger out, I went and had a half-hour relaxation massage at my local Endota Spa
I had the time of my life. The front reception area is well lit with natural light and some overhead lights, with all their products displayed on shelves. I went up to the counter and said who I was and that I had a ten o’clock appointment. Then I was taken through a door that looked like a wall (no joke, I almost had a heart attack when it opened), and into the waiting lounge. The lounge had two couches, was dimly lit, and relaxation music was playing. It was a lovely environment, and I found myself relaxing as I filled out the new client form. When I finished filling out the form, I was taken into one of the treatment rooms, the therapist asked me what kind of pressure I would like, and then she left while I undressed down to my knickers, and climbed up onto the massage table. The therapist came back then and commenced the face, head, neck, and back massage I had booked for.
Endota’s tagline is ‘down to earth heaven’, and the massage I got today was most certainly heaven. The pressure was absolutely perfect, and all the tension in those ares melted away at the touch of the therapist. She started with my back, and I will admit to being a little nervous as I get a lot of lower-back pain, but I felt nothing but comfort as she worked on me. The best part of the back massage was when she used an Endota product called ‘Clove & Mint Muscle Magic’, which went on hot, penetrating my skin and relaxing my muscles, before turning cold and closing the pores. After that, I rolled over onto my back, and she massaged my neck, shoulders, and face, which was great, as I carry a lot of tension in these areas, in my face particularly, so having it all rubbed away was wonderful. She again used the ‘muscle magic’ on my shoulders, which was lovely, before the massage ended. 
I got up, got dressed, and chatted to the therapist for a few minutes, and she gave me a little card, with all the products that she had used today ticked. She told me to drink plenty of water today to flush out toxins that will have been moved around from the massage, and then we went back out the front so I could pay. Normally, the half-an-hour relaxation massage would be $55, but it’s tourism week in Mildura at the moment, (basically a be a tourist in your own town promotion) and Endota were offering half-priced treatments, so it only cost me $27. 
I will certainly be going back to Endota to try out their other treatments, and I think I will save up and buy some of their products too, especially that ‘muscle magic’.
~ Australian Kiwi

No comments:

Post a Comment