Friday, October 19, 2012

Sunset Purple

Sunset Purple

Now, you're probably wondering what on earth this square of Sunset Purple is doing on my blog. The answer: I created it!

Well, not exactly, let me explain.

I have recently joined an online community called COLOURlovers, which is an online art community. Now, while I'm not exactly an artist, I do enjoy playing around with colour, so I thought 'what the heck, it's free' and joined. I took a 'tour' of the site, and, as part of the tour, I had to colour in and name a pattern. 

Sunset Tartan

The pattern was originally varying shades of grey, but I coloured it in, and I gave it a name. The original grey template will still be there for other members of the community to colour, but this was make take on it. I was inspired by the colours often seen at sunset, hence the name Sunset Tartan. When I had finished colouring in the pattern and had given it a name, a window popped up on the screen announcing that I had used an 'unnamed colour' and I could claim it now by naming it. After a few moments thought, I called the colour Sunset Purple, as a tribute to the sunset that had inspired me to use it. 

So, there you have it, the reason a random square of colour has made its way onto my blog. ;)

~ Australian Kiwi

P.S. Also, the colour palette on the side of the page called Summer Skies was also designed by me on COLOURlovers, under my other screen name jewelsbyers.

P.P.S. If you want to find me on COLOURlovers, my profile is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment