Thursday, May 19, 2011

Back to Uni?

As most of you will all be aware, I left uni earlier this year after the stress of it all got too much for me. So, you may be wondering why I'm thinking of going back mid-year. It was something my mum put to me this morning and I'm acctually seriously considering it because it sounds like a really, really good idea. La Trobe uni does a mid-year intake for their arts degree and, instead of doing the course full-time (which is four subjects a semester and eight in total for the whole year) I would do the course part-time, which would mean only two subjects a semester and four for the whole year. This would take some of the pressure off and I would only be doing subjects I enjoy. I'm not sure what I would major in, but I know that, out of the three options up here, it wouldn't be Sociology. I did some sociology when I started my social work degree and hated it, so that leaves History and English. I'd probably want to find out a little bit more about each of the majors before I made the decision. If I did go back, I would be making the commitment to go back for six months and stick it out, like a trial period. That way, if I completely bombed out in the end of year exams, it wouldn't be a problem. You'll probably hear more from me on this subject over the coming days as I hash it out. Hope you can put up with it all!

~ Australian Kiwi

No comments:

Post a Comment