Sunday, February 12, 2012

Getting Crafty with Junior Guides!

Ladybug Pot Plant Decoration (from DLTK)

For those of you who are unaware, I recently became a Girl Guide leader with the Sunraysia Junior Guides. I got an email from my district leader today, asking me to sort out an activity to do with the girls on Tuesday when we meet again. As it is Valentine's Day next Tuesday, I wanted to do something with a Valentine's Day theme, and I found a craft site called DLTK, which had a whole heap of printable crafts for kids and, in the Valentine's Day section, I found templates for heart shaped animals. After falling in love with the heart shaped ladybug, I printed one out and made it myself to show the girls on Tuesday, and then my mum suggested that I tape a straw to the back of it, and so make it into a pot plant decoration. I am super-excited to help the girls make their own ladybugs on Tuesday, but I'm always looking forward to seeing the Junior Guides.

~ Australian Kiwi

No comments:

Post a Comment